Thursday, September 25, 2008

Reasons to be a Stereotypical Hobo at the Turn of the Century if it were Then, I was a Guy, and if they were actually as Rad as I imagine...


Beans. Whiskey. Sky. Spontaneity. Being an amazing storyteller. Being mysteriously sad and lost in thought. Sleeping to the rhythm of trains. Open air. Open roads. Jobs you leave in six months and don't care about. Not having a cell phone. Wearing overalls. Stroking my beard when I'm thinking. Knowing how to play the harmonica. Smelling like campfire smoke. Traveling light. Running from the law. The music. The parties. New people. That totally amazing feeling you get when hopping aboard a moving train. Banjos. Rabbits on sticks. Being paid in cash. The ability to use my pocketknife to do anything in any situation. Finding myself in situations. Doing anything.

No comments:

Followers