Thursday, September 25, 2008

Things I often forget...

All anniversaries, most birthdays, and where Easter and Thanksgiving are supposed to fall. The number of days in each month. Most of the names of kids who were younger than me. But none of the names of the kids who were older. I forget which people are from Danville and which are from Drew. Which are from Philly and which from New Jersey. Middle names of everyone. Most of the nice things people have said, none of the mean things. I forget all the small lies I've told, so I am always getting caught. Phone extensions. Cross-streets. That I'm lucky. Or loved. Anything that has an 8 or a 6 in it. Where the subway goes and if I fed the cat. My parents' ages. My parents' friends. To charge my phone. The names of the shows my friends are working on. What time I'm supposed to be somewhere. And where it is. Never who I'm meeting, but sometimes why. And definitely how to get there.

No comments:

Followers